Jelly Babies Of Runetotem EU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jelly Babies Of Runetotem EU

For All You Jelly Bellys

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

3.1.2 Changes Fury/Arms!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Opeth
Admin
Opeth

3.1.2 Changes Fury/Arms! Empty
PostSubject: 3.1.2 Changes Fury/Arms!   3.1.2 Changes Fury/Arms! I_icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 6:02 pm

All Sources here were found on http://blue.mmo-champion.com/28/17223174426-fury-a-simple-fix.html

Q u o t e:
I also find it less likely to happen since quite a number of warriors suggested leaving TG alone and moving 2h spec, but Blizzard evidently didn't take them up and test that suggestion (probably for the 'one point' reason I just mentioned)

The notion of Titan's Grip only being overpowered when in conjunction with Two-Handed Weapon Specialization was something the community came up with, not us. We don't think that moving Two-Handed Weapons Specialization solves anything and would not lead us to change Titan's Grip. There is almost no chance of a Titan's Grip change at any time in the near future. It is a very potent talent. We would rather improve some of the other talents in the tree that don't measure up.

We do have buffs planned for Arms and Fury. We'll announce them when they are a little closer to going live. I don't want to oversell them because players sometimes get notions of seeing their dps go up by 25%.

It's also entirely possible dps buffs might come with PvP nerfs. Warrior representation in Arena went from very low to very high.

To the "Blizzard hates warriors" crowd, we ask that you spare us having to remove your posts. Post intelligently or please don't post. Smile

Ghostcrawler
Lead Systems Designer

Last edited by Admin on Wed May 20, 2009 6:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://cyalaterall.forumotion.net
Opeth
Admin
Opeth

PostSubject: Re: 3.1.2 Changes Fury/Arms!   3.1.2 Changes Fury/Arms! I_icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 6:08 pm

Q u o t e:
Arms, was FINE, Juggernaut PLUS rapid charge glyph was op, but they nerfed both!!??!??

We're not convinced the Juggernaut nerfs were sufficient, but we're going to see how the 3.1.2 changes play out.

Q u o t e:
Even having that op talent + glyph combo, warriors only went up to TEN PERCENT representation, and thats most because the healers behind warriors, don't you dare to say that paladins, priests and druids are not op at all. Also, TEN PERCENT is one out of TEN CLASSES, so, warriors are right were all classes should be on that utopic arena balance state where every class has the same power...

Then I ask, why would arms need even more nerfs for pvp, when we are doing just fine, but still less than facerolling specs like retadins, mutilate and unholy dks... ???????????????????

Percentages aren't everything, but if you look at them, warriors are more dominant than Ret, rogues or DKs in 2s and 5s and just below them in 3s. Only healers have more representation and when you figure almost every team runs with a healer and there are only 4 healing classes, that isn't too surprising. I don't know that it makes sense to expect 10% of all classes given that only some of them can heal. It may be that in a perfect world, the healers are like at 12% and the dps are at 8%. But again, you can interpret percentage representation a lot of ways. Some classes have multiple viable specs and some classes (warlocks and hunters particularly) are too low across the board.

Q u o t e:
* Warriors do less damage than ALL the other melee classes on arenas.
* Warriors do less damage than ALL the other classes on pve unless we are either under heavy aoe pressure or weird scenarios - aka arms + general vezax.
* Warriors only shine when theres an op healer behind us - paladins for s1 and now, druids for s2,3,4 and now.
* Fury suck for both pve and pvp and it is not fun.

It doesn't ultimately matter who does less damage in Arena if your team still wins.

As I've said we do think Fury and Arms dps are too low in PvE. We're not at all worried about Fury in PvP at the moment.

Ghostcrawler
Lead Systems Designer

Last edited by Admin on Wed May 20, 2009 6:21 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Opeth
Admin
Opeth

PostSubject: Re: 3.1.2 Changes Fury/Arms!   3.1.2 Changes Fury/Arms! I_icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 6:11 pm

Q u o t e:
We're not at all worried about Fury in PvP at the moment.

I should have found the original quote, but someone above thought that I was saying we needed to nerf Fury for PvP. We're not worried that Fury is overpowered in PvP. We are worried that Arms might be overpowered in PvP.

Arms PvE -- dps too low
Fury PvE -- dps too low
Arms PvP -- possibly too good (but we'll see how 3.1.2 goes)
Fury PvP -- not concerned about it being too good

Ghostcrawler
Lead Systems Designer
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 3.1.2 Changes Fury/Arms!   3.1.2 Changes Fury/Arms! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

3.1.2 Changes Fury/Arms!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Jelly Babies Of Runetotem EU :: General :: Ingame-
Jump to: